TRIP ADVISOR

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Out of sight-out of mind....

Looks as though I have been out of sight for sometime! Out of sight- out of mind. Right!
Last month on a Friday my husband called me around 11PM from Courtalam. He told me that he slipped and fell down while bathing in the waterfalls. I was not very much worried about it then. He called me and asked me if the ribs could pierce the lungs. I told him that if that was the case, he would not be talking to me. But I was worried. The next day morning I called him again and he told me that he was finding it difficult to breathe. So I had to urge him to go over to Tinnelveli to consult a doctor. I knew it was not simple. One of his friends called me later in the evening to tell me that he had fractured four ribs and also the scapula. I talked to the doctor and rushed to Tinnelveli from Coimbatore. When I went to the hospital, I was shocked to see him with bandages around his chest and with the intra catheter in his forearm. He was seen by Ortho and chest physicians and cardio thoracic surgeons. God bless us. The broken ribs did not pierce his lungs. But he had severe pain. Even the slightest movement of the body was painful. He was put on sedatives, fermentations, and inhalation therapy. We were there for three days. During this time his friends helped us a lot. Food came from so many friends house. The police people were there to help us. His Dy.S.Ps, Inspectors and some of my relations were there to render help to us. There were continuous enquiries from his colleagues, superior officers, and many more people. Since he felt little better I wanted to take him back to Coimbatore. The train journey was very tough. We landed here in Coimbatore on a Wednesday morning.
I am so grateful to all the good souls, friends, and relatives and to the doctors of Peace health Centre of Palayamkottai. The nurses took good care of him. Only when we go through an ordeal do we realize the impact and the pain and agony behind it.

13 comments:

வல்லிசிம்ஹன் said...

dear Delphine I think since you were a doctor you could surmise the situation and give solace to your husband.

I am sorry this had to happen.
God's will and he is alright now.

please take care of yrsself and husband,.
Sending Prayers wishes yr way,
revathi.

sam said...

WISHING a speedy recovery to your hubby.

priya said...

Wish him to recover fast... Take care.

Thekkikattan said...

dear doc,

My prayers are always by your side... with regards,

Orani

delphine said...

Dear Valli, Thank you very much. He is recovering. All my relatives keep telling me that he could afford to break some more bones since I am there to take care of him. (It is for fun).

delphine said...

Dear Sam.Thanks a lot.

delphine said...

Dear Thekkikaatttannn, Thank you. Your Tamil blog about Coimbatore and Coke is really good. Thank you.

dondu(#4800161) said...

Sorry to hear about your husband's accident. Thank God that he is recovering.

By the way the title of the blog "Out of sight-out of mind...." reminded me of a joke and hence I clicked your blog, intending to record the same. But I see that I better refrain from doing so under the circumstances.

Regards,
Dondu Raghavan

delphine said...

Thank you Raghavan Sir...he has recovered and he will be going to work from 16th onwards.

Orani said...

Wow, that is a good news!! :-)

delphine said...

Yes. he is waiting to go back to work. Thank you Orani for your great concern.

Benjamin said...

Mom, It was so bad to see dad with those bandages.He cant Laugh,he cant eat and it was so bad to see him like that esp when coughing. Am glad that he is recoverin so fast. Our Prayers are with u both. Love u both. take care.

Jen said...

Am actually glad he recovered already and back to work. when Ben and me had come to CBE to visit him he was so happy. we could see how happy he was taking so many pics and all. yesterday when we called him he was with twinkle akka and tanya , they had gone to the beach. so happy for him. Maama is " Sahi javaab" . May God give both athai and maama long lives. love u both